The Imperial Valley P-16 Council is a preschool through higher education community collaborative promoting a college-going culture. The Council’s vision is to increase significantly student eligibility, admittance and attendance at post-secondary options.
Click below for additional information, including the P-16 Council and Business brochure, the P-16 Events and Activities and the P-16 Operational Guidelines.
|P-16 Operational Guidelines|
Click on the following image for an overview of the P-16 collaborative.
The projected outcome is to have a county-wide infrastructure in place to support the continuing existence of a well coordinated college-going initiative that ensures this goal. To that end we have established a P-16 Council:
- 5 superintendents representative of all 16 school districts,
- Dean of San Diego State University - Imperial Valley,
- President of Imperial Valley College,
- five local business leaders,
- county superintendent (chair),
- and two representatives from the Imperial County Partnership for Higher Education.
Our districts, institutions of higher education, and county office have endorsed a Memorandum of Understanding wherein they commit to fund basic staffing infrastructure to coordinate work of the Council and the College-Going Initiative. The partnership between local businesses and school districts will strengthen the commitment to provide increased college-bound opportunities for students.